Friday, November 9, 2012

Best. Twitter. Ever.

This is a little off topic of investigations, ghosts, and research, but the encounter is funnier than the joke in my opinion.

I just had an interaction on Twitter that made my night. This is only one of two times a celebrity that I enjoy has responded to a tweet of mine. However, this time was slightly different. I did not tweet directly to him nor did I expect a response in any form. Since, I was more than a little sarcastic in the reply (to someone I don't know) I did expect a few hate mail responses, blocks, or unfollows.

Here is what happened with actual Twitter times and names:

Kellie Arany @ParalelieKellie 
Me: "I'll have a coke." Waitress: "Is Pepsi ok?" Me: "Is Monopoly money ok?"
1:15 PM - 09 Nov 12

(Here is where I shook my head and grumbled something to my friends about people stealing jokes as their own. Miss Kellie claims to be a "Ghost Hunter extraordinaire" but if she's willing to steal someone's rather famous joke who is to say she wouldn't fake evidence or steal it to make it hers? I couldn't resist. I replied under my paranormal research group account.)

Nichole Hill @WNCPRS
@ParalelieKellie John Caparulo actually. But nice try. :)
5:36 PM - 09 Nov 12

(Now I don't mind that someone has repeated a joke. I don't begrudge her trying to be funny on Twitter. That's why jokes are funny because you can repeat them. However, I have never told a joke as my own that I heard. I usually mention the name of the comedian or say something like "I heard that joke from..." after I tell it.)

Here is the response that I did not expect at all:

John Caparulo favorited
48m : @ParalelieKellie John Caparulo actually. But nice try. :)

(I had to respond to such a profound favorite. I mean, what are the chances that he would have saw that particular post. I verified that he was actually Mr. Caparulo first which Twitter has a nice little blue check mark that tells you it's true.)

Nichole Hill @WNCPRS
@JohnCaparulo just watching out for one of my fave comedians! Thanks for the star.
6:39 PM - 09 Nov 12

His reply:
John Caparulo @JohnCaparulo
@WNCPRS appreciate it!
6:40 PM - 09 Nov 12

(To which I favorited the appreciation.)

(DISCLAIMER: Please do not tweet the poor woman or send her any hate mail. I mean no harm to her character as I do not know her personally. She has already been reminded of what it means to be honest because people ARE watching whether one knows it or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments left here are to be clean and respectful to users, readers, and investigators. Your comment will be deleted if these guidelines are not followed.