Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ghostly Pictures or Trick of Light?


It has been so long since I've been here it's almost as if I turned into a ghost! No, I haven't left or become extinct, I've just been horrendously busy with everyday life as I am sure you can understand. I have been meaning to post this for over a year now and just never got around to it. I promise to continue to keep this blog updated now that I am live and active on Twitter. You can follow me @WNCPRS for all things paranormal.

I know, I suck at life. Perhaps my afterlife will be better.

Anyway...

I received these pictures from Alison (a friend of mine) a while back and she asked me to look them over. She believed that she saw something in the reflection of the window panes. Unable to identify it she sent them to me for review.



In this picture, there is a reflection of a face and if you look closer a small shadowy figure to the right. Clearly, the face is not a likeness of the person taking the photo as you can see for yourself in the comparison. Looking at the frame, the face appears to be looking off to the right towards the cemetery located behind the photographer. The woman taking the picture is looking directly at the window frame to take the photo.

My skeptic side rejects the idea of the face being there almost immediately due to lighting, shadowing, and the fact that the old windows are wavy and not flat like our windows today, which would cause some interesting effects on a digital camera lens.


The shadow figure is odd considering the back of the building is inaccessible to people at this time. This also means I cannot get back there to see what could have possibly created the shadow.


Alison took a picture from almost the same angle (but not close enough) a few days later and the face does not appear nor does the shadowy figure. My believer side wants to say they captured something, perhaps a woman in mourning for someone in the cemetery. Unfortunately, my skeptic side prevails in this case, as I am unable to produce enough evidence to the contrary.

Please, tell us what you think and leave comment below. Remember to "like" us on Facebook by following the link on the right. You can also follow us on twitter @WNCPRS as well. If you would like us to investigate your area, you can send us an email here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments left here are to be clean and respectful to users, readers, and investigators. Your comment will be deleted if these guidelines are not followed.